General terms and conditions for the contracting of travel services
FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION FOR ANY REASON
We at Carameltrail understand the concern to book a trip at this time. This is why we are happy to offer all our clients an even more flexible cancellation for any reason policy so you can postpone your trip at no rescheduling fees.
We want to give our travelers more time to assess the situation and make an informed decision without the stress of having to make a decision based on cancellation fees. This way we want to make sure that you will travel only when you feel 100% comfortable to take an international trip.
We are now offering an even more flexible terms and conditions for new bookings with deposits made by 28 February 2021, for travel before 31 December 2022:
- Reduced trip deposit to 10% (please note that this deposit is non-refundable if you cancel trip, but you can postpone your trip at no extra cost).
- If you decide to postpone your trip up to 31 days before your start date, we will not apply any re-scheduling fee if the new trip is planned through 31st December of the following year. We will keep the deposit as a credit to reschedule all the services at no extra cost for you.
- These new terms and conditions temporary suspend our standard payment, cancellation and terms and conditions.
This way you will know at the time of your booking that if you decide to postpone your trip up to 31 days before your start date you will have no cancellation fees. The process to postpone your trip is very easy, you will only have to send us an email at least 31 days before start date saying that you want to postpone your trip and this flexible cancelation for any reason policy will apply. [Please note that some experiences and services booked by us in advance such as train tickets, flight tickets, football tickets, bullfight tickets, car rental, special experiences, etc. may not have refunds or may have penalties. Our travel agent will provide you with all the information upon request. If you have insurance company, then you may reclaim them all cancellation charges].
The present terms and conditions for travel services regulate the access and use of the URL www.carameltrail.com, property of CARAMELTRAIL, S.L. (hereinafter, Carameltrail), through which Carameltrail organizes and/or acts as a broker in the sale to the user of package trips and other tourist services.
Carameltrail is a Spanish travel agency, for which it has the necessary title-licence granted by the Spanish Government (C.I.C.M.A num. 2642), Registered in the Commercial Register – Volume 29146, Folio 120, Inscription 1, Sheet M-524759, with Company Tax Identity Number. B-86338654.
The contracting of any of the package trips entails the full acceptance by the user (traveller) of these General Terms and Conditions and oblige the parties, together with the particular conditions that may be established for the services contracted.
The price of the Service and/or Package Trip includes the services specifically included as such in the “Travel document” which is the personalized programme/offer contracted and sent to the traveller. Our travel costs are inclusive of all fees, taxes and costs mention in each “travel document”. Once the deposit or full payment is made, Carameltrail will send the traveller a Receipt and Booking confirmation document, where all services, experiences and inclusions are detailed.
The price of the Service and/or the Package Trip does not include the items not expressly mentioned therein. Not Included, for instance, are any other service not expressly stated in the “Travel document” (programme/offer), accepted by the traveller and detailed in the Receipt and Booking confirmation document.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
Payment terms: When accepted conditions, a 40% deposit of full cost of your trip (excluding international flights) will be required to book your customized trip. Once we receive this deposit, Carameltrail will send you receipt and booking confirmation, total cost of the trip and pending amount.
The remaining amount must be paid at least 45 days before arrival date. If payment is not received by the due date, Carameltrail understand client is not interested in the trip and will proceed to the cancellation of all services. In this case Carameltrail will proceed to established in point 4, Cancellation Policy.
Late booking (less than 45 days in advance) have no extra charge, but 100% deposit will be needed to book and guarantee all services.
Payment options: You can pay by either Credit Card (VISA, Master Card or American Express) or Bank Transfer. We will confirm travel booking once we have receive the payment.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY
– If trip is cancel by traveler, then traveler is entitled to return paid amounts, minus 15% of the total cost of the trip as booking fees. This percentage will increase as follows: If cancellation occurs between 45 and 30 days in advance, 50% of the total. Between 30 and 15 days, 75% of the total. Less than 15 days, 100% of the total. Some experiences and services booked by us in advance such as train tickets, flight tickets, football tickets, bullfight tickets, car rental, special experiences, etc. may not have refunds or may have higher penalties. If you have insurance company, then you may reclaim them all cancellation charges.
– If exceptionally trip is cancel by Carameltrail, Carameltrail will always offer an alternative but if is not accepted by traveler, then traveler will be entitled to return 100% paid amount of the modified portion of the trip. * Carameltrail can´t respond if the cancellation is due to force majeure or fortuitous event, meaning by such the unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the party by whom it is pleaded, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all the due care had been exercised.
No refund will be made for the services not used voluntarily by the traveller.
We recommend to purchase trip cancellation insurance.
5. MODIFICATION POLICY
All our trips are tailor-made and we adapt them to our traveler’s preferences and travel styles at any point. So once your trip is booked and confirmed you may change any aspect of it: length, dates, services, experiences, number of travelers, etc… Carameltrail will re-calculate all travel costs, re-schedule the itinerary and will inform traveler if there are costs increases. This increase can occur subject to supplements, surcharges and special conditions when the new dates coincide with trade fairs, special events or holidays.
Carameltrail will not charge any amount in travelers’ credit card without traveler’s written confirmation or through secure gateway.
If Carameltrail needs to modify any service confirmed, then we will inform immediately the traveler. Carameltrail will adopt the appropriate solutions to continue the service and/or trip, with no price supplement for the user, and if applicable, it will pay the amount of the difference between the services expected and the services provided. If traveler does not agree with these modifications, then traveler will be entitled to the refund of that portion of the trip.
The traveler is obliged to inform us of any non-compliance of the contract as soon as possible. After your trip you can still notify us if there has been any service you are not satisfied with. Carameltrail will try to provide a satisfactory solution to your complaint.
Carameltrail will be liable to the traveller, with regard to the obligations that correspond to the travel management environment, for the proper fulfilment of the obligations arising from the Travel document and services arranged. This liability will cease upon the occurrence of any of the following circumstances:
– If shortcomings in the execution of the contracts are attributable to the traveller.
– If the referred shortcomings are due to force majeure, meaning by such the unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the party by whom it is pleaded, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all the due care had been exercised. The compensation for the damages, resulting from the non-compliance or the improper performance of the services involved in the package trip will be restricted in accordance to the international conventions governing such provisions.
8. LAW & JURISDICTION
Relation between Carameltrail and travellers is subject to Spanish Law and jurisdiction of Spanish courts.